Saturday 2 December 2017

Necromunda and Dark Ages

This week I completed five models from the Necromunda game I purchased last week. Just could not resist getting a few completed so I could have a small game soonish. It was quite a change in painting style from painting Spencer-Smith models, which I have been doing for a good six or more months now.

First few Necromunda figures painted
I was going to get back into my French Indian War campaign, but as I was packing away my Warhammer 40k models I happened upon my Dark Age flats (Saxon, Normans and Vikings) and thought it would be fun to have a game with those. A thought reinforced as I re-read the dark ages chapter of One Hour Wargames while waiting to pick up some takeaway fish and chips.

The rules used are from One Hour Wargames with modified activation rules mechanisms drawn from Dux Bellorum.
The game is setup
Saxons wait for the attack 
Normans prepare to advance



6 comments:

  1. As someone who is just preparing to paint over 900 12mm figures for a Hastings game, those paper armies look very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow 900 figures! That will be some effort. The paper armies are quite fun to do and are very portable.

      Delete
  2. Your Necromunda figures look very striking- great job there...I sold away large collections my 6mm Epic and 28mm WH40K....Space Marines vs Chaos some years ago now...somewhat regret not having these collections- very keen on Space Marines....good to see you enjoying Necromunda and getting a lot out of it Peter. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KEV. Not sure I could ever sell my WH40K collections as they were collected them with my son. Too many memories. Cheers Peter

      Delete
  3. Wow, looks beautiful, and less expansive than other minis...great looking game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The flats allow an army to be built quickly as well as cheaply.

      Delete